Job Title: Sous Chef – Pan Asian / Oriental cuisine
Job Description: This exciting post of Sous Chef has opened within a 4* deluxe Hotel in London. The post will involve supporting the Head Chef in the running of the well-known Pan-Asian Restaurant, which has an excellent reputation and is based within a central top Hotel, as well as Room Service and various conference and events. It is located within the Kensington area of London and offers a range of authentic dishes from Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and Vietnam as well as some newer signature dishes. Many dishes are available in two sizes "Tasting Portions" and "Sharing Portions".
All the dishes are produced using fresh produce and offer its growing clientele and customers high standards and an excellent dining experience.
The Head Chef is willing to help train and develop the right person in regards to learning a new cuisine, developing skills should you be a Junior Sous or Senior CDP with vast experience looking for their next step.
* Reports To: Executive Head Chef
* Size of Brigade: 7
* Covers: 40-50 Covers (Main Restaurant)
* 60 – 80 Covers (Conference & Banqueting Lunch)
* Cuisine: Pan Asian
* Salary: £31k to £33k + Service Charge
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
* To deputise for the Executive Head Chef as and when required.
Stock control and ordering is a vital part of this post especially as everything is cooked from fresh.
* To ensure that the brigade is aware of service requirements and that they are managed to ensure the highest standards of food and presentation is met at all times.
* To adhere to set standards and HACCAP, Health & Safety etc at all times.
* To assist in the design and production of menus and signature dishes etc.
* Make sure that all service requirements are covered through planning of staff, food ordering, mise-en-place, etc.
* Liaise closely with other departments and service staff etc to ensure preparation and smooth service is carried out as well as the ability to meet & exceed customer expectations.
* Food Hygiene Certificate
* Experience at Sous Chef level in a similar establishment or a Senior CDP / Junior Sous
* Excellent levels of presentation
* Experience of working in a good standard Hotel / Restaurant
* Cost control and ordering
* Computer knowledge
* Good supervisory / managerial skills
* Excellent stock control abilities / experience of costings
* A hands on approach and able to motivate a team
* Good level of English and excellent communication skills
Job Type: Permanent
Job Date: 2017-02-17 10:36:11
Country: United Kingdom
Job Category: Hospitality/Hotel