Job Title: Senior Designer
Job Description: Vac : 18270
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Our award winning client is looking to strengthen their design team, with the appointment of a Senior Designer.
You will be full of new ideas and able to hit the ground running with magazine design and production management.
A creative and well organized individual this will be your chance to use your creativity working for a multi-platform publisher. You will have a solid portfolio of work and be excellent in working on and delivering client design pitches. You will work on the design and production of various publications, co-ordinate the print management, work on design pitches and give rise to creative challenges as they occur on a day-to-day basis.
The ideal candidate must have:
* Strong working knowledge of Creative Suite, especially in InDesign and Photoshop.
* At least five years of experience – preferably in a contract publishing environment.
* Strong knowledge of print management processes and experience in print buying.
* Experience in working on design pitches and presentations.
* Ability to project manage your own workload and work under deadline pressure.
* An excellent eye for detail.
* A strong portfolio displaying magazine designs.
* Ability to proof read, edit and write copy would be advantageous.
* Forge strong working relationships with current printers and mailing houses
* Good commercial acumen, recommend cost effective and high impact and paper solutions
You will be an enthusiastic individual wishing to move your career forward in a hardworking, friendly environment.
Please email your CV and examples of work to
* It’s important that the candidate has a good knowledge of print buying
* Please find below further details of the print buying aspect:
* Primarily responsible for purchasing print and negotiating the best priced quotes.
* Getting the best out of our printed product, and our budget, by recommending cost effective and high impact print and paper solutions.
* Building fantastic working relationships with our current printers and mailing houses
Location: St Albans, Hertfordshire
Job Type: Permanent
Job Date: 2017-02-16 16:27:24
Country: United Kingdom
Job Category: Media