Job Title: Residential Support Worker -Supported Living Adults
Job Description: Xyrius are currently recruiting for a residential Support Worker for adults with challenging behaviour complex needs. The role is based in Kingsheath.
To put the people we support at the heart of everything you do, to enable them to lead a happy, fulfilled and socially inclusive life.
Working as part of a dynamic, energetic team you will provide support to enable the young people to access a wide variety of leisure and social activities. Support with daily living tasks such as cooking and shopping, alongside personal care and moving and positioning will ensure that these young people are engaged and active within the community.
To collaborate with co-workers and the Team Leader to develop ambitious Person Centred Plans
To assist in the development of friendships and connections in the wider community.
To work with team members to develop the service to the highest standards.
To use assistive and mainstream technology to support the safety and independence of the young people in the home.
You will need:
– A positive and proactive approach to disability
– A sense of humour and lots of energy and enthusiasm
– Flexibility, integrity and reliability
– QCF (NVQ 2) qualification in Health & Social Care OR the willingness to work towards this qualification OR Proven experience within the learning disability area in Health & Social Care
– A driving licence is desirable – but not essential.
if interested please contact Aroosa on (Apply online only)
Location: Kings Heath, Birmingham
Job Type: Permanent
Job Date: 2017-02-17 11:14:49
Country: United Kingdom
Job Category: Social Care