Job Title: QHSE Manager
Job Description: QHSE Manager
Salary: 60-65k + Bonus + Benefits
Location: Coventry, West Midlands, Birmingham, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
The Client: A global OEM of construction machinery.
To lead the factory HSE, Quality Management & Compliance activities, with overall responsibility for both departments. To provide health and safety advice at all levels of the business, developing health and safety policies and procedures instilling a culture of Zero Harm. Ensuring product integrity, quality and regulatory conformance to all applicable standards, and business compliance with applicable regulations.
• Lead by example in demonstrating the company Values: Integrity, Respect, Improvement, Servant leadership, Courage and Citizenship.
• To implement HSE policy, procedures and training to drive towards our Zero Harm goal
• Review and update existing HSE policy and procedures in line with the latest legislation and corporate objectives
• Responsible for overall site and corporate reporting both verbally and written
• To chair and drive regular HSE steering group meetings
• Develop annual budgets and the subsequent management
• To lead and manage all investigations and communications with external governing bodies
• Develop and manage a process to systematically audit and assess the product and feed results back to Manufacturing and Engineering, the purpose being:
• To control adherence to regulatory, Global Engineering and Production standards.
• To identify potential customer issues and ensure customer protections are implemented before release
• Define and develop a centralised set of standards for all aspects of product performance and quality, working with Manufacturing and Engineering to ensure assembly processes and part drawings reference the relevant standards.
• Assess business compliance to regulatory / business standards (eg SOX, GRC) and ensure improvement actions identified are documented and acted upon.
• Manage and develop the Quality Management Programme and associated manuals and processes, with an emphasis on continuous improvement and control.
• Lead the implementation of, and then manage, quality management software to co-ordinate all QMS activities, problem and countermeasure activities etc.
• Manage the internal audit process to identify areas for improvement, ensuring auditors are capable, audits are scheduled and then undertaken, and any improvement actions identified are documented and acted on.
• Develop & deliver training to improve the quality problem resolution skills of team members.
• Coach and support leadership team on how to apply quality systems thinking to their processes, and work with all departments to improve the quality of existing processes.
• Support and lead Quality related TIP events.
• Manage all aspects of external certification audits to ISO9001:2008.
• Set standards for supplier selection, and support Supply Chain functions in selecting to that standard.
• Define supplier quality targets and manage the team of Supplier Quality Engineers in auditing to those targets, communicating gaps to the supply base.
• Develop poor performing suppliers to achieve the agreed targets, and work with Supply Chain to exit suppliers who cannot achieve the required standard.
• Ensure build issues caused by supplied parts are contained internally, and that resolution at Suppliers is monitored and sustained.
• Ensure key customer quality concerns are understood, resolved appropriately, and feedback provided in a timely way.
• Manage the non-conforming parts process to ensure parts are moved through the process quickly and appropriately, with root causes of non-conformance understood and resolutions managed and controlled.
• Manage compliance projects as and when requested.
• Act as the factory Quality representative in customer facing discussions about build standards and certifications during tendering or other product selection processes.
• Train and develop direct reports through effective coaching; regular review of objectives and succession planning within the team. Ensure all Company policies in relation to people are fully adhered to and supported.
• Develop and manage the Quality department budget, ensuring expenditure is understood and justified.
Education & Training (Essential) :
• Degree or equivalent in Quality Management or an Engineering discipline.
• Full driving license
• Lead auditor ISO9001:2008
• HSE Experieince / IOSH
• Supervision of others in a Quality & HSE function
• Experience of working in an organisation registered to ISO9001:2008 or equivalent
• Experience of working in an organisation compliant to SOX regulations (Desirable)
• Development of a Quality Management system (Desirable)
Key Skills (Essential)
• Must be well organised, able to plan own work and manage others
• Proven problem management skills
• Adept at creating solutions to problems and improving process
• Ability to remain composed during tough times
• A level of drive is required to persevere when all information is not clear or directly at hand.
• Managerial courage
• Motivating others
• Conflict management
• Building effective teams
• Drive for results
• Business Acumen
• Negotiation skills
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on (Apply online only)
Job Type: Permanent
Job Date: 2017-02-17 11:20:51
Country: United Kingdom
Job Category: Engineering