Job Title: HSE Manager
Job Description: HSE Manager
Salary: 40-45k + Bonus
Location: Coventry, West Midlands, Birmingham, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
The Client: A global OEM of construction machinery.
Purpose of Role:
To provide health, safety and environmental advice at all levels of the business. Develop and implement health and safety policies and procedures within the business.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Lead by example in demonstrating the company Values; Integrity, Respect, Improvement, Servant Leadership, Courage and Citizenship.
• Reviewing and updating existing H&S policies and procedures in line with legislation and corporate objectives
• Report H&S statistics to Corporate.
• Develop and manage audit and risk assessment process
• Set out H&S targets and provide feedback to the management team
• Chairing regular H&S review and steering group meetings
• Developing H&S training programmes, modules and workshops as required.
• Responsible and accountable for the H&S of employees and housekeeping within area
• Responsible for adhering to health and safety management system and where required the creation of processes to support ISO 9000.
• Develop annual budgets, maintains and promotes cost reduction and waste elimination actions within department
• Line management responsibilty including application of attendance and disciplinary procedures in line with company policies.
• Any other reasonable duties required from time to time.
• Ability to remain composed during busy periods
• Operate to the highest corporate and personal integrity levels
Education & Training :
• Qualified to degree level (Or equivalent) in engineering/production management (Essential).
• NEBOSH certificate (Desirable).
• H&S Diploma or equivalent (Desirable).
• Proven track record in managing health, safety and environmental activities within a manufacturing environment. (Essential).
• Worked at a senior level with influences on business directions and decisions (Desirable)
• PC Skills – Microsoft Office package (Essential)
• Must be well organised, able to plan own work and self start and manage others. (Essential)
• Ability to influence behaviours, good persuasive skills (Essential)
• Proven experience in solving problems and establishing creative solutions (Essential)
• Strong communicator with good analytical skills (Essential)
• Lead by example (Essential)
• Full Driving Licence (Essential)
• Good business and financial acumen (Desirable)
Personal Qualities & Behaviours:
• Ability to remain composed during busy periods (Essential)
• Operate to the highest corporate and personal integrity levels (Essential)
• Be a good steward of the environment and the communities where we live (Essential)
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on (Apply online only)
Job Type: Permanent
Job Date: 2017-02-17 11:22:47
Country: United Kingdom
Job Category: Engineering