Job Title: Health & social care assessor
Job Description: Health & social care Assessor wanted
North Yorkshire locations to be covered are Scarborough Malton Pickering North Alerton
£22,000 basic plus company benefits
25 days holiday rising to 30 plus 8 stat.
40p business mile.
Death in service pension
Occupational Competence: Adult / Elderly Health & Social Care and Functional Skills
Fab Recruitment is currently looking to recruit a Learning Development Trainer to train and guide learner’s performance and knowledge against relevant framework and standards including Functional Skills within apprenticeships to achieve high quality qualifications within the appropriate timescale.
• D32 / 33/ TAQA or A1 units
• TDLB or L & D level 3 or above are an advantage
• Relevant qualification in subject area
• Teaching qualification i.e. PGCE, Cert Ed, PTTLS
• GCSE Grade A-C English and Maths or FS Level 2
• IAG Level 2
• Safeguarding Level 2
• Prevent Duty
• Full UK driving Licence and own transport
• Occupationally competent in accordance with Awarding Body guidelines
• Experience of delivering functional skills integrated into apprenticeship frameworks.
• Experience of delivering apprenticeship frameworks
• Awareness of the assessment/testing process
• Some supervisory experience
• Experience of mentoring, coaching, delivering training or supporting personal development to learners
• Experience of using e-portfolio systems / OneFile preferred.
• A working knowledge of SFA contracts
• Ability to encourage, inspire and motivate colleagues and candidates, through good use of communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to prioritise workload and make decisions
• Attention to detail
• Takes responsibility for the quality of the assessment/testing process
• Contribute and work well as part of a team
• Ability to build effective working relationships with internal and external contacts
• Ability to use initiative and be flexible in approach
• IT literate
• Numerate and literate
• Responsible for the training and assessment for upwards of 40/50 apprentices and ensuring that at least 80% of your caseload complete their apprenticeship to a high standard and on time.
• Using E-Portfolio to ensure that the learners work is up to standard and submitted on time
• To teach FS English and Maths as part of the apprenticeship framework to a high standard using engaging and contextualised strategies to ensure first time pass rate.
• Liaising with the learner and their line manager to ensure that your training is tailored to the specific needs of the learner and the organisation
• Ensure that effective support and skill enhancement is provided to learners.
• Ensure a quality learner journey to include sign up, inductions, reviews, action planning, observations and assessments. Including but not limited to effectively understanding a learners BKSB results to inform their individual learning plan and set SMART targets to support their plan.
• Accurate and timely completion of all relevant documentation and records relating to learners training and progress including;
– Learner Enrolment
– Learner Reviews
– Individual Learning Plans
– Records of Assessment
– Action plans/feedback
– Training records
• Keep up to date with specific occupational area and with latest developments in assessment methods
• Ensure Learners are fully aware of their progress and where their evidence meets the standards of the qualification
• Contribute to the company quality objectives ensuring all learners achieve in relation to their starting point, have a quality programme and meet Ofsted standards.
• Ensure all delivery is observed at a grade 2 or above in relation to Ofsted requirements.
• Implement specific training needs to assist learners progressions
• Maintain assessment standards to A1/TAQA at all times
• Liaise with Internal IQA’s and ensure that feedback is acted upon in a timely fashion and to continuously improve the quality of teaching, learning and assessment
• Actively engaged in the standardisation meeting, sharing of best practice. On occasion leading workshops, providing 121 mentoring support.
• Provide support and guidance to learners as well as providing more specific support for additional learning needs and additional social needs
• Accurately complete learner Health and Safety documentation and report on any issues
• Support and maintain the quality assurance process for assessment, training and verification purposes, in line with polices and all related Awarding Body procedures and guidelines. Including upholding examination guidelines
• Contribute to maintaining delivery, practical and knowledge based skills and identify and record occupational training provided
• Committed to continuous improvement – personal and organisational
• Increase the portfolio of the company by assisting in the marketing of all areas of the business
• Maintain own caseloads at viable levels
• The ability to be flexible to the company requirements. This could entail visiting learners outside the normal geographical area.
• Carry out any additional duties as reasonably requested by line management
• Contribute and maintain delivery via software packages such as E-portfolio and MS Systems
• Overall responsible for the Safeguarding of learners and ensuring any Safeguarding incidents are reported and Prevent agenda is supported.
Key Performance Indicators:
• Aim to achieve an overall minimum grade two in observations of teaching, learning and assessment
• IQA rating to be green.
• Audit compliance rating to be less than 3% error rate
Location: Scarborough, North Yorkshire
Job Type: Permanent
Job Date: 2017-02-03 10:00:32
Country: United Kingdom
Job Category: Education