Job Title: Graphic Designer – Conservation / Charity
Job Description: ZSL has an amazing opportunity for a Graphic Designer to join our in-house team. You’ll be an Adobe Creative Suit wizard with bags of zeal and passion to take on projects from initiation to delivery.
Position: Graphic Designer
Full-Time / Permanent
Salary: £30,316 p.a. (Inclusive of London Weighting)
Location: ZSL London Zoo – NW1
The Zoological Society of London (ZSL), a charity founded in 1826, is a world-renowned centre of excellence for conservation science and applied conservation. ZSL’s mission is to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats. This is realised by carrying out field conservation and research in over 50 countries across the globe and through education and awareness-raising at our two zoos, ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, inspiring people to take conservation action.
Overview of the Role:
The post holder will draw on their creativity and design talent to develop and deliver innovative designs (predominately 2D) for ZSL across a range of areas including exhibits, visitor information, commercial ventures and rapid turnover event material. Someone with a sharp eye for the detail and a friendly face at all times for the clients but above all a creative drive to deliver the best possible result every time.
The successful candidate will have exceptional communication skills and will have the ability to brief and manage external freelance designers when the need arises. The post holder will also be capable of understanding and interacting with the whole of ZSL as the graphics team provides design service across ZSL and supports the work of commercial, scientific and learning teams. With this in mind candidates must have experience of creating and developing professional client/designer relationships.
• Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent qualification (in a relevant subject such as graphic design) or have prior in-house or agency related work experience.
• Attention to detail, a creative eye and ability to contribute creative ideas to the team.
• Strong interpersonal skills as you will be instrumental liaising and negotiating with a range of internal departments and colleagues at all levels.
• Proficient using mandatory computer programmes such as: Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, MS Office.
• An ability to work to brand guidelines and an understanding of how to get the best out of a brand
• Excellent organisational skills to work to deadlines and manage relationships with stakeholders, suppliers and contractors
• Prior experience of delivering exterior graphics.
• 3D design skills are particularly beneficial, and would also be an asset but are not essential.
Closing date for applications: Midnight Sunday 5th March 2017
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the 'Apply Now' button to be directed to our website, where you can download the job description and complete the application process.
We are committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment. We apply policies that are determined solely by job criteria and personal ability.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.
No agencies please
Job Type: Permanent
Job Date: 2017-02-17 10:40:25
Benefits: Incl LWA
Country: United Kingdom
Job Category: Media