Job Title: Finance Director
Job Description: Finance Director – Thames Valley – £120,000 + Package
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working exclusively with fast-paced business based in the Thames Valley. As part of a larger group, this site currently turns over £250m, with further growth expected as new contracts are secured in 2017. They are involved in the manufacture and distribution of chilled products, serving all major retailers across the UK. As part of their expansion, they now seek a Finance Director to work closely with the senior management team to develop financial controls and develop more efficient systems.
The Finance Director will be a critical source of support for all strategic developments from a financial perspective. Reporting into the UK CFO, this role will require a solid technical background coupled with the ability to see the bigger, corporate picture in order to fulfil on-going and future customer needs.
Specifically, the role will require a background in the following key areas:
* Developing 5 year strategic plan
* Identifying opportunities to improve reporting timetables
* Assessing current use of systems and areas of potential efficiency and cost reduction
* Partnering with Production and Supply Chain Directors to improve delivery KPIs and remove areas of waste
* Reporting to Head Office and representing finance at Board level
* Working with suppliers to re-negotiate raw material contracts
* Liaison with external parties including customers, financiers and auditors
* Development of robust budgeting & forecasting tools
* Examining current cost models and challenging assumptions & business drivers
* Partnering with other senior managers across the organisations to support business transformation projects
* Managing the on-site finance team and overseeing the day-to-day transactional processes
As Finance Director, you will be leading several significant business growth & improvement projects.
To be considered for the Finance Director position you will be a qualified accountant with significant PQE, preferably from a perishable manufacturing or other FMCG background. You will have solid exposure to an organisation with multiple sites, and liaison with customers that demand the very best in terms of product quality and "just in time" delivery concepts.
You are likely to have experience of partnering with other senior managers and directors, to support aggressive growth plans and cost reduction projects. Salary to the successful candidate will be up to £120,000 per annum + package, dependant on experience
Job Type: Permanent
Job Date: 2017-02-17 11:17:07
Country: United Kingdom
Job Category: Accounting/Financial/Insurance