Job Title: External Communications Manager (PR)
Job Description: Job Title: External Communications Manager
Department: External Affairs & Brand
Location: London Central West
Reports To: Head of External Affairs & Brand
Our client seeks a PR experienced, savvy team player to join their in-house PR team, for this established and well-respected busines. They have a can do attitude and pull together in times of need and wants someone with similar mindset to join them in delivering effective PR and Social Media with Digital management.
Prime need is someone who can deliver effective copy and get the voice of the business over well and that team spirit mentioned earlier! Secondary is Social Media and digital skills and they are happy to teach this side of things, as long as someone has a good education, excellent manners and an eye for detail.
Thirdly – and this is really just a nice thing to have- not essential – is Leisure and Tourism
You MUST have managed Press relationships, placed pieces and devised eye catching and up to the minute copy!
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
• To drive, create and manage corporate PR for the business, developing engagement and awareness amongst customers and potential customers for corporate news via the media, proactively pushing clients stories.
• To drive, create and manage consumer PR for the business, developing engagement and awareness amongst customers and potential customers for corporate news via the media, proactively pushing stories.
• To manage reactive PR, ensuring responses deliver the best result and managing corporate reputation.
• Protect the reputation of company monitoring press activity and responding accordingly.
• Conduct evaluation of PR activities, scoring PR articles as they come in every day and delivering reports on reach, frequency, sentiment etc.
• Manage the press line and email inbox, ensuring all press enquiries are dealt with efficiently and professionally.
• To strategically manage awards applications on behalf of the organisation identifying functional and industry awards, working with internal teams to identify possible projects at conception to ensure the best documentation is gathered.
• To maximise media voice for the organisation, harnessing opportunities and maximising the impact of campaigns through the dissemination of compelling editorial articles.
• Manage the company’s crisis management plan, ensuring it is kept up to date
• Manage the company’s customer communications during unplanned disruption, keeping customers up to date and informed so they can make decisions about their travel.
• Lead the strategic management and implementation of the social media strategy across all channels. Set the social media standards and tone for the organisation.
• Manage a dotted line relationship with customer relations colleagues delivering social customer service during the day. Train these individuals through the Twitter exam, monitor responses and support them to deliver appropriate messaging. Ensure there is cover for social channels if the Twitter team are not available.
• Deliver communications campaigns to deliver messaging to customers and others that can be targeted through those channels.
• Manage and implement content on social media channels to engage customers and potential customers with the messages.
• Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programmes and analyse, review and report on campaigns to maximise results.
• To drive, create, manage and deliver corporate events to generate PR coverage or for strategic stakeholder engagement
• Manage the on call team, training new starters, ensuring cover and advising as required.
• To be a member of the Commercial on call team.
Coordinate filming requests from the media and ensure that opportunities are adequately supervised liaising with local station staff as appropriate.
FRS strives to be an equal opportunities employer, and is committed to treating all applicants alike. FRS does not treat any individual on grounds of sex, age, colour, marital status, race, nationality or ethnic or national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability or membership or non-membership of a trade union, less favourably than others. All vacancies advertised are open to all ages
Location: City of London, Greater London
Job Type: Contract
Job Date: 2017-02-17 10:58:04
Benefits: Lots of benefits
Country: United Kingdom
Job Category: Marketing