Job Title: Essential Skills Coach
Job Description: Home Based
What's on offer?
Salary up to £30k
Company car/car allowance
Main Purpose of Job:
To deliver high quality English, Maths and ICT teaching and learning to learners and delivery staff and support the continual improvement of English, maths and ICT within the business.
Main Duties and Responsibilities :
– Classroom and 121 delivery of an English, Maths and ICT CPD plan to Skillnet and Skillnet Partner staff both in house and on client sites.
– Support a cohort of learners that require additional support in order to achieve their full apprenticeship frameworks
– To assist in the development of schemes of work, learning materials and learner assignments• To act as tutor to individual and groups of learners, providing academic guidance and support.
– To carry out assessment of learners’ work and examinations in accordance with internal and external criteria, ensuring that quality standards are developed and maintained.
– Liaison with the College and Regional Skills Managers to ensure co-ordination between on-the-job and off-the-job training
– Liaison with employers and Schools where applicable
– Advise and counsel learners as necessary regarding training, welfare and discipline
– Champion all element of Essential Skills Initial assessment and testing via ForSkills and Online examination platforms
– Ensure accurate and up to date reports are available and regularly circulated regarding learners progress and achievement
– Participate in careers and marketing events as necessary
– To act as may be necessary in other ways to assist the organisation to meet its objectives
Key Competencies required for role :
-Understanding of Essential Skills delivery requirements and Standards
-Understanding of conducting exams and invigilation
-Be able to support learners with additional learning support needs
-Must be well organised
-Understanding of customers views and needs
-Produce clear and accurate data within given deadlines
-Excellent communication skills and deliver at all levels and using a variety of media
-Be able to work on own and within a team
-Have a passion for own and others development
-Graduate Degree in Maths, English or ICT
-Essential Skills or commitment to complete the Essential Skills qualifications
Location: Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taf
Job Type: Permanent
Job Date: 2017-02-17 11:17:09
Benefits: Car Allowance
Country: United Kingdom
Job Category: Education