Job Title: Design Engineer – Wireless Base Stations
Job Description: The Company
Well established, independent telecommunications contracting and consulting firm with offices in the SE and Midlands, providing full cycle turnkey projects services to mobile telecoms operators; site acquisition, design, build and project management.
The Design Engineer will design new or the upgrading of greenfield/rooftop/SW wireless base stations, prepare documentation such as survey reports, risk assessments and other CDM documentation, CAD briefs and detail design packs for the company. Regular survey work is involved and sites are spread across England. Will liaise with other organisations regarding deployment projects aspects, such as power supplies and Building Regulations applications and the like.
The successful candidate will have:
– Minimum 2 years’ experience of new and upgrade wireless base station design work with a proven track record evidenced by references.
– Have designed or drawn upgrades to base stations
– Familiarity with all 5 major wireless network operator site types
– Be a meticulous, hardworking and organised individual
– Ideally have a basic understanding of backhaul transmission equipment
– Must have a good work ethic with high productivity capability
– Be able to use initiative to gain access to sites
– Be familiar with relevant Health and Safety issues
– Ideally be familiar with the structural issues associated with telecoms base station upgrades
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Strong knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
– Full clean driving licence
We operate & advertise as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions
Location: Woking, Surrey
Job Type: Permanent
Job Date: 2017-02-17 11:18:22
Benefits: Benefits package available
Country: United Kingdom
Job Category: Telecoms