Job Title: Communications Coordinator (Salford)
Job Description: Communications Coordinator (Salford)
Capita is seeking an experienced Communications Coordinator to deliver outstanding internal and external communications to the stakeholders of our local authority partnerships in Blackburn and Salford.
The Communications Coordinator must have strong writing skills and thrive in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision, and quickly comprehend and act on changing priorities when necessary.
The role involves:
* Working with the Capita Local Government Marketing and Communications Team to develop and deliver partnership internal and external communication strategies
* Supporting marketing and PR initiatives to support the growth of the partnerships
* Ensuring key business messages are communicated to staff on a regular basis using the appropriate communication tools
* Sourcing and writing key written content for partnership communication tools such as: website pages; staff newsletters; electronic bulletins; leaflets and brochures.
* Working with the graphics department to produce high-quality communications and marketing collateral is produced within deadlines and within brand guidelines.
* Developing close relationships and arranging regular meetings with service area leads to understand pipeline of activities that can be used for public relation and marketing opportunities
* Developing close relationships with the Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council and Salford City Council's Communications Team to ensure a joined up and partnership approach to communications
* Engaging and working closely with the Member Liaison Managers to ensure regular, relevant informative communications reaches local authority Councillors.
* Organise exhibitions, events and sponsorship opportunities
This role will be based in our offices in Blackburn (2 days a week) and Salford (3 days a week). However, some travelling may be required to other offices from time to time.
* Educated to degree level and/or have a communication-related qualification
* At least 3 years experience working in a similar or equivalent role
* Excellent writing and proof reading skills
* Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills
* Ability to lead and ability to work with minimum supervision
* Capable of using own initiative to seek out potentially non-traditional routes to resolution of raised queries.
* Ability to work successfully as part of a team or independently
* Ability to demonstrate a flexible approach to work
* Ability to challenge others to deliver results
* Ability to prioritise work under pressure and complete within deadlines
* Ability to maintain confidentiality
* Computer literate, including experience of working with Microsoft suite of software
Additional Requirements (not essential)
* Basic design and layout experience (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Indesign, Microsoft Publisher)
* Knowledge of content management systems
About the company
Capita are the UK's leading provider of services to local government. With over 25 years' experience, we have been working with local authorities up and down the country, supporting them with the challenges they face, to deliver better services to their citizens and create sustainable places.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us
Job Type: Permanent
Job Date: 2017-02-16 18:00:38
Country: United Kingdom
Job Category: Media