Job Title: Commis Chef
Job Description: Are you passionate about cooking? Would you like to work for a busy and expanding restaurant who can offer excellent working conditions and an opportunity to work with a friendly and hardworking team?
Our client is a newly renovated restaurant and bar located within easy reach of the A55. They have crafted a menu that supports many local farmers so their provisions are local. Their menu is honest, hearty and vibrant and they like to add a little bit of entertainment to many an evening meal too.
Due to growth our client had an opportunity for a professional Commis Chef to assist the Senior Chef on duty with storage, preparation and cooking of all food items. To also demonstrate and help maintain high levels of service that consistently exceeds the expectations of their clientele.
▪ To assist and monitor food stocks and stock movement.
▪ To understand daily departmental costs and how they influence profit and loss results.
▪ To ensure minimum kitchen wastage.
▪ To follow the cleaning schedules for the kitchen and clean the section and other areas as directed.
▪ To ensure stock is controlled and rotated. Accept and store deliveries
▪ To report any maintenance issues to the Head Chef immediately
▪ To comply with the conditions of the food hygiene policies.
▪ To be flexible and willing to help other departments at busy times if required
Job Type: Permanent
Job Date: 2017-02-17 11:00:18
Country: United Kingdom
Job Category: Hospitality/Hotel