Job Title: Chefs
Job Description: We are currently recruiting for various temporary Sous Chefs and Chef De Parties for work in Brighton, Lewes, Worthing and Burgess Hill and the surrounding areas in Hotels, Pubs, restaurants and the leisure industry. Excellent rates of pay + Holiday pay.
It would be advantageous if candidates had experience in cooking to Rosette standard/fine dining/Gastro cooking, along with cooking modern British classics and contemporary dishes.
Some experience in catering for large group bookings, weddings, and buffets.
Your role will be to assist the head chef in leading the rest of the kitchen team to deliver consistently high quality meals to our customers.
You will need to be passionate about cooking, hard working and reliable. You must be able to work well within a team and have experience working in a busy kitchen environment.
* Assist in the running of a kitchen brigade of 2 to 5 chefs, working with the Head Chef and also in the Head Chef's absence
* Confident in running all sections
* Constantly advising the Head Chef on needs and ordering requirements
* Checking the cleanliness, stock control, organisation and standards.
* Work as part of a team in a constructive manner and have a committed approach o the development of creative service in the kitchen.
* Be aware of Health and Safety and Hygiene regulations
* Training new staff and helping them develop their own career
* Strong background in high quality Gastro pubs or hotels.
* Having your own transport is desirable, but not required for all positions
* You must have worked or are presently working as a Chef de Partie, Junior Sous Chef or Sous Chef.
* You must be used to working with fresh ingredients and place a heavy emphasis
on quality and consistency
Location: Brighton, East Sussex
Job Type: Temporary
Job Date: 2017-02-17 10:06:14
Country: United Kingdom
Job Category: Hospitality/Hotel