Job Title: Category Manager- Supply Chain
Job Description: One of the biggest water supply and water recycling company in the UK is looking for a Category Manager to develop business plans and sourcing strategies within the water industry.
* To be a firm ambassador for the business with regards to category management, as well as promoting sourcing processes and procedures.
* To own, implement and ensure effective continuation of cross-functional collaborative category councils.
* To own, create and manage category strategies and implementation, and inform with the Supply Chain Operation Manager (SCOM) develop the appropriate sourcing strategies.
Strategic Category Management
* Create, develop and maintain strategic category plans for designated category group(s).
* Ensure there is a clear understanding of business' objectives for designated categories.
* Ensure spend profile is determined and managed for all designated categories.
* Accomplish extensive market knowledge for designated categories including suppliers, products, and technologies, trends, key drivers etc.
* Understand the full lifecycle of the processes which use the products and services within designated category(s).
* Ensure integration of the business objectives/needs and market intelligence is used to identify appropriate value levers (the winning hand) and opportunities.
* Understand and prioritise opportunities identified from category plans into the sourcing plan.
* Ensure strategic strategies plans are developed for categories.
Cross-functional Category Councils
* Implement Category Councils with that drive cross-functional collaboration.
* Identify synergies with other Category Managers across categories and delivery routes to achieve effective sourcing opportunities.
* Raise awareness of supply chain risk and its impact on the overall business.
* Achieve collaboration by establishing mutually beneficial relationships (Win-Win) between two or more teams/stakeholders/partners.
* Ensure solutions are achieved that balance the business and category objectives jointly.
* Establish clear accountability and responsibilities within the Councils.
* Create an environment of trust and openness.
* Ensure there is category strategy and management support where appropriate.
Health and Safety
* Ensure Health and Safety is paramount at all times
* Actively promote and achieve Health and Safety objectives
* Discuss and share Health and Safety issues with manager and team.
Qualifications and Experience/Personal Skills and Behaviours
* Educated to degree level in Procurement
* CIPS Professional standard and membership
* Experience in senior procurement/sourcing role.
* Working knowledge of European Procurement & other relevant legislation
* Knowledge of Utility Operations
* Leadership skills
* Commercial acumen
* Strong communication and negotiation skills
* Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills
* Experience in strategic category management
* Basic level (minimum) knowledge of key Microsoft business packages including excel, word and powerpoint.
Please apply now if you are seeking an excellent career opportunity! We value and respect diversity and inclusion at CarmichaelUK. As champions of diversity & inclusion we ensure all applications are treated equally with opportunities available to all. By cultivating a culture where diversity is celebrated, we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. CarmichaelUK places paramount importance on our inclusive recruitment philosophy so if you require any additional assistance please inform us upon application or call on (Apply online only). For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business
Job Type: Permanent
Job Date: 2017-02-17 10:25:53
Country: United Kingdom
Job Category: Retail/Purchasing